Anyway, I was working on an elephant wallpaper that has been in the works for about half a semester. I may post about my elephant collection at some point, but for now all you need to know is that I like them.
Anyway, we were at a hookah bar across the street from campus because they have really good tea, and I was working on this: (Still not done. I don't really like it yet.)
It used to be that when I looked at that shape I saw a simplistic elephant ear. Too bad I asked for the waitress's opinion. Turns out she's some art student or something. I didn't tell her what it was, because I wanted to make sure she saw an elephant.
She didn't.
She told me she saw a guy, and provided me with an excellent sketch of Mr. Cool-guy Elephantface, which I have oh-so-carefully reproduced in MS paint, because my scanner is broken. Anyway, her sketch looked kinda like this, except exponentially better, and hers took her about 15 seconds while mine took me about 15 minutes.
I can no longer not see this friendly little fellow in my wallpaper.
Moral: Don't ask waitresses for their opinions of your art.


Waitresses are incredibly smart people.
ReplyDelete