I don't know about any of y'all, but I love web comics, and there are a few that I follow quite regularly - which until recently was kind of a pain. I had been all over - searching far and wide for a good aggregator/webcomic reader, and then finally, I found one. It's called Yawr (Yet Another Webcomic Reader) and is pretty much what I was looking for. It's small, so I can keep it on my pen drive on my keychain, and does what I need it to. The only problem I've come across, is that it might be a little difficult for some people to figure out. The learning curve is a little steep. (I almost spelled learning as "lurning" because I was thinking about the word "curve." Embarrasing.)
It comes with a library of 450 or so comics already in it, but there's a little tool that comes with it that makes adding more a total breeze, and it'll keep track of where you are in your comic, so you don't have to worry about losing track if you fall down on the job when it comes to reading them for a little while.
It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it gets the job done.
Go ahead and check it out if you have any interest in web comics. Or even if you don't. You never know when you might find something that tickles your fancy.
EDIT: It is a little laggy. But that may be because I'm running it off a flash drive.

No comments:
Post a Comment