Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rake and Hoes.

Actually, more accurately rakes and pitchforks, but I wanted to grab your attention.

Anyway, my family has and has had a garden on and off throughout my childhood. It used to be a thing we would do when I was a kid -- all go out Saturday evening and work in the garden.

Gardens mean pitchforks.

You know that trick people would do, where they would step on a rake, pop it up and grab it, so the didn't have to bend down for it? Well, one day I decided that I wanted to try this. But with a pitchfork instead of a rake. Instead of stepping on it, I decided to kick it (coordination FTW.)

 Did I mention I am almost always barefooted?

The results were basically as follows:



Pretty much all I remember though was my dad carrying my screaming self inside, and then my mom pouring hydrogen peroxide in a gaping hole between my big toe and my second toe. Sadly, there is no scar so I do not remember if this was my left foot or my right foot. I kinda wish my parents had taken pictures.

Oh well.

It was pretty cool. And I still play with pitchforks. I just don't kick them.

EDIT: This happened when I was somewhere about 8 years old. Not recently. I had some people making fun of me because they thought this happened recently. Don't hate.

1 comment:

  1. Don't lie, we all know it happened recently. And that your dad still carries you inside when you get hurt.

    ReplyDelete